Good luck to everyone taking part in the Race for Life today.
Bad luck if you’re trying to negotiate the traffic lights next to CostCutter. At least one of the bulbs has blown. Amber is working though, so that’s handy.
Here’s a few Race for Life posts from 2008 to keep you going.
5 things about the Race For Life 2008
Definitive route 2008
Race for Life 2008
2008 Photos and Video
UPDATE: Seems SouthEastern are running their usual quality weekend service:
“_SouthEastern: RT @KBslittlesis #southeastern you bunch of losers! Engineering works when 10k women & their families need to get to Blackheath for R4L!…”
- The route isn’t set yet – they decide it on the day, in case of fallen trees etc. You’d be amazed how many people are googling “What is the Race for Life route?”, and ending up here.
- If you don’t stretch before and after, you’ll have aching legs afterwards… Apparently, if you turn up at 09:30am, there will be groups carrying out stretching excercises together.
- You don’t have to run, you can jog or walk if you don’t feel up to it.
- You can bring along unwanted clothes, books and DVDs to donate to their stores too.
- Your supporters might want to bring an umbrella. BBC Weather for Blackeath says overcast and dry at the moment, but it feels like it might rain to me…
The Race for Life is happening on Blackheath Common in aid of Cancer Research. It is on Sunday 13th July 2008, and starts at 10:30am. You can donate here . Starting point mapped here.
Bizarre photo of painted chewing gum by flickr user salimfadhley.