OK, I promise this will be last post about the race for life at Blackheath for a while.
Flickr user Mac Morrison has posted a very cool shot of the race route across Blackheath. Many people came to the Bugle looking for the correct route – sorry I couldn’t pin it down beforehand, but it’s very nice to be able to see the route like this.
I’m guessing it was created by carrying a GPS during the race.
There are loads of other race shots here, and loads of youtube vids of various runners.
Some of the comments on the other posts have been very poignant, and it was shocking to see how many people are affected by cancer in some form.
- The route isn’t set yet – they decide it on the day, in case of fallen trees etc. You’d be amazed how many people are googling “What is the Race for Life route?”, and ending up here.
- If you don’t stretch before and after, you’ll have aching legs afterwards… Apparently, if you turn up at 09:30am, there will be groups carrying out stretching excercises together.
- You don’t have to run, you can jog or walk if you don’t feel up to it.
- You can bring along unwanted clothes, books and DVDs to donate to their stores too.
- Your supporters might want to bring an umbrella. BBC Weather for Blackeath says overcast and dry at the moment, but it feels like it might rain to me…
The Race for Life is happening on Blackheath Common in aid of Cancer Research. It is on Sunday 13th July 2008, and starts at 10:30am. You can donate here . Starting point mapped here.
Bizarre photo of painted chewing gum by flickr user salimfadhley.
There is a Race for Life happening on Blackheath Common in aid of Cancer Research. The event is on Sunday 13th July 2008, and starts at 10:30am. You don’t have to run it – you can jog or stumble if you prefer. (Mrs Bugle is taking part, and will be striding athletically throughout of course…)
There’s still time to enter if you’re feeling sporty, or if you only run when being chased, you can always donate instead. Starting point mapped here.
Photos of 2005′s event, taken by zimpenfish